Essay Topic: Long Term Job Seekers
Should long term job seekers in receipt of government benefits be made to do voluntary work so that they give something back to the community?
- Understanding the topic is the half the battle.
- Make sure you read the topic at least 5 times.
- Write some words / phrases / quotes / vocabularies / examples.. Don’t worry about the order
- From this chaotic collection of thoughts, you can pick and choose those which you want to include in your essay.
- Also, this gives you a chance to settle your mind a little-bit.
Step 1: Brain-storm
- Its is about social responsibility and giving back to the society,
- By doing so the receivers feel good,
- They learn new skills and retain the older ones
- Further, they can remain happily engaged which is good for their psychological health,
- In other words, they will not feel depressed.
So eventually, you tend to believe that giving back is good… and see.. half the essay is ready
Step 2 – Decide about the paragraphs – Point / Examples / Explanation
Think of yourself as if you are writing a story for a movie.
Think of adding variety to your writing by using fresh vocabulary, crisp structures..
And of course some new and uncommon grammatical structures.
Step 3: Get excited about writing a great essay.. but remain original… remember… The purpose of communication is to express.. not to impress..
Introduction – 3 sentences
Undeniably, every citizen is obliged to serve the nation in his or her capacity. I firmly believe that job-seekers should also contribute through voluntary work in the pursuit of nation-building. A deep dive will help to understand this subject holistically.
Body Paragraph – Follow PEE (Point Example, Explanation)
There are many reasons to support this view. Firstly, voluntary work will help the participants to use their skills. It is a known fact that if we do not use our knowledge and abilities, then they get rusted. Thus, the only way to retain and sharpen a skill is to use it. This is the very reason, that even during peace-time, defense personnel keep on doing ‘mock- drills’. ‘The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war’ is the guiding tenet they follow.
Second Body Paragraph
The second advantage of voluntary work is that it helps the job-seekers to build necessary confidence to live with pride. Others also respect them for their work-ethic and contribution. Overall, it helps building amicable relations between different sections of the society. Most importantly, job-seekers can perform such activities which are beyond the scope of employed-citizens. For instance, activities such as caring for elders and kids, helping police to maintain law-and-order, teaching children and helping them learn new skills are some of the activities which are usually neglected. It is also seen that sometimes, due to lack of funds many citizens are not able to afford such services. It will be a blessing in disguise if poor sections get such services absolutely free.
To conclude, it behooves long term job seekers to actively get involved in meaningful work. This will help them as-well-as others lead a happy life.